Sunday, November 20, 2011

Commuter Terrorists: The Giggling Madman


I thought I should follow up the previous Commuter Terrorists posts with another type of commuter terrorists; The Giggling Madman...

To be fair, this type of terrorist is not a very common combatant on the rush hour trains and as far as I know, I've basically the main culprit of this particular form of terrorist.

Imagine a fully packed train, everyone is irritated, uncomfortable and just waiting to grit through it with the least possible difficulty possible. The person standing next to you is a regular Salaryman, watching some form of TV show on his PSP, nothing particularly odd or strange about the scenario so far. But then, imagine how that Salaryman starts to burst out in giggling followed by explosive laughter (maybe even spitting out some saliva on the people sitting in front of him). This is exactly what I have been doing during the commute last week and the cause of it has been watching through the tv-show "An Idiot Abroad - The Bucket List" featuring Karl Pilkington. In fact, after making people uncomfortable on the train a few times due to spontaneous and uncontrollable laughing fits, I have felt forced to turn it off a few times to watch something less funny.

As long as you're not going to watch it in a crowded train, I can highly recommend it. Although I find it slightly disturbing how I, at quite a few times, somehow can't but agree with Karl Pilkington's take on some things...  

7 comments:

Aaa said...

I will have to check out this show, thanks. The outline on wikipedia looks like it's going to be pretty funny.

Chris said...

Totally unrelated...

I JUST dropped and cracked my Ipad. Fuuuuk!!!
I hope Softbank takes care of me. I just did a post about customer service......the Gods were not pleased???

FuuuUUUUk!!!!

Kathryn said...

Do they move away? That's the main thing.

F. said...

spitting saliva is a safe-sure approach to some personal space, even in an over-crowded train

Martin said...

I misread the title as "Giggling Madam" and got a bit confused but still amused.

Ms.Godzilla said...

For the same reason I am never allowed to listen to Eddie Izzard on my Ipod in trains.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Momotaro - It's actually really funny, there's a first season available as well which is as, if not more, funny!

Chris - C'mon bro, you have to take of that paddy! But at least my experience of the Apple customer service has been really good. But I use the iPad all the time now, so I would miss it even if just for a few days!

Kathryn - Generally not... It's too crowded for them to really move...

BiJ - I probably should spit more saliva (although I have sprayed quite generously, but mostly to the people sitting down in front, not willing to give up the seat just for a brief shower)

Martin - Well ladies do most of the giggling so fairly close

Ms. Godzilla - Eddie Izard is on my list for "stuff to take a closer look at when I get around to it", but he's been there for a few years now... Maybe it's time to get around to it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails