Friday, January 29, 2010

Sumo wrestlers have a really gay girly purse!

You know that you've lived a long time in Japan when a fully pimped sumo wrestler passes you by on the platform to the subway as you are waiting for the train, and it doesn't register at all as odd or exotic, but the only thought that goes through your head a few seconds after he's passed you by is:

"Hmmm... Why does sumo wrestlers have such girly purses, ok that they don't really have any pockets in the kimono but that purse make them look like German tourists with what we in Sweden call a "bögslunga", couldn't they have made something a bit more manly? Hmmm... it's pretty annoying that some Japanese toilets are really low..."

8 comments:

Corinne said...

I think the purse compliments the whole, 'I could squash you if I sat on you' look. Whenever I see them they remind me of big, cuddly polar bears: cute to look at but have the potential to kill you if they try.
I think they're sooo sexy though, I flirted with one once but I think it's against the sumo code to flirt with gaijin admirers. They smell really good too, apparently it's something they put on their hair!

aimlesswanderer said...

Err, that's another picture I could have done without seeing! I suppose the guy on top is in a winning position?

Their purses may look girly, but you are going to say what about it to them? Besides, they're not the only Japanese guys to look girly in some way, but at least you can tell they're guys - unlike some others.

ThePenguin said...

We have a contender for the 2010 Most Superfluous Use of Mosaic Filtering Award.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Corinne - Well, you could always target one of the foreign sumo wrestlers? They can hardly discriminate against potential groupies just because they're foreigners? But chances are that they just sit around smoking weed... Never really smellt a sumo wrestler for some reason, but I'll take your word for it!

Aimless&Penguin - Lately I feel like I'm on a roll in my pictures! This one captures both sumo wrestlers and some subtle eroticism without me having to resort to Tom of Finland (but who are we kidding, we all love Tom!)

aimlesswanderer said...

Why do I get the feeling that I don't want to know who Tom of Finland is...

Unknown said...

send this into "up the arse corner" for viz magazine (UK) and I guaruntee they'll publish it !!!

F. said...

haha, judging from the look on his face, Kaio is having a hard time with this young wrestler. No wonder he is expected to take the back door anytime soon now.

Roman Hun said...

Sumo wrestlers are scary. Meeting one in a subway may be a weird experience.

Related Posts with Thumbnails