Thursday, January 7, 2010

Enjoyment time - 3.6 Litres of it!

In response to a general work related mail from me, one of the sales managers, Mr. Chinpira, replied to the question and for good measure added, in English, as below:

"A Happy New Year!
Could you take refresh time with your family?
I could do with plenty Sake. I drank 3.6L per 2days. It was really enjoyment time for me!
Now it’s a time for working..."


That the English is not perfect is nothing special, you gotta respect that he, with limited abilities tried and the message came across. But what is noteworthy here is that he drank 3.6 liters over two days, and knowing the guy, this is the shouchuu type of liquor and not what goes for "sake" outside Japan. So the percentage of the stuff is between ~25% alcohol (normal "sake" would be ~13%).

He's a really nice guy and I could feel his happiness that he could have his "enjoyment time" with the booze while with his pretty large family (I have no information what the rest of the family thought of his enjoyment time), and I can also feel how hard it feels for him to be back at work...

The life of the Salaryman is hard and merciless so enjoyment time is precious!

5 comments:

aimlesswaderer said...

Hmm, that sounds like binge drinking to me, so I hope he was a happy drunk.

ThePenguin said...

Sounds like the sort of person who would appreciate an auto-flushing toilet.

aimlesswanderer said...

Not only auto flush, but auto clean and dry too. Maybe even lend a helping hand, given that the aim is likely to be dodgy!

Corinne said...

How did he manage to keep track of the litres, he must have been completely smashed!
Perhaps his poor wife was measuring so she would know how big of a hangover to expect...

Mr. Salaryman said...

Aimless - Well, you call it "binge drinking" he calls it "enjoyment time"! But he's usually a pretty happy camper.

Penguin - I like your logic, you connect A and B in ways that other people just overlook. However, I think it's obvious that everyone loves the auto-flush, who wouldn't?

Corinne - Well, I think he must've seen the bottles when he came out of the daze and done a back-calc from there, that's probably the reason for the exact number...

Related Posts with Thumbnails