Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yep, it's the annual "it's cold here and I want out" post

I do realize that this is turning into an annual event, but Japan is pretty cold and miserable at the moment...

Back in 2007, the cold didn't really start to get to me until almost the end of February, in 2008, I started getting frozen to the core in the beginning of February and in 2009 it was already in the latter half of January, and this year in 2010, I'm starting to lose my toes gradually already now in mid-January... To add insult to injury, there exist no escape plan at the moment, what does exist is a possible trip to the cold northern parts of Europe, out of the frying pan into the fire as they say...

Coming back from a business trip and some parts in the area around Kyoto looked more like Hokkaido, covered in snow as I passed it by in the shinkansen... Also, puddles are starting to freeze, making the treck from the station to the home quite dangerous...

Two more months to endure until things turn to the better... Two more months...

1 comment:

aimlesswanderer said...

Melbourne and Adelaide recently had heatwaves, were the temperature got up to 45+, with a record high minimum of 30! Is that hot enough? Some trains had to be cancelled since the tracks got warped. My relos nearly melted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails