Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mad Max vs. Waterworld

My Waterworld post seemed to stir something in one of my astute readers and to a certain extent I am ready to offer my apologies. Granted, Waterworld did not have a male rape scene as in Mad Max: Road Warrior and instead of a young Mel Gibson had Kevin Costner which is two large negatives already there. But how interesting is Mel Gibson really nowadays, he's the guy who made "The Passion of the Christ", so any coolness factor that he might have carried in the past is long gone as far as I'm concerned.

So, ok, Waterworld is a complete rip-off of the Mad Max movies, but if we look at the positives, it had a pretty big budget and Dennis Hopper is in it after all and seem to somehow enjoy the silliness. Ok, Lord Humungus in Mad Max 2 is one of the best villains ever, but still.

I am not stupid enough to try and argue that Waterworld is a movie up there with the Mad Max movies, but it's not as awful as some people make it out to be. There you have it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails