Wednesday, January 26, 2011

...the one who smelt it...

A scenario that has repeated itself with alarming frequency these last days, particularly now that Baby Sunshine has dramatically increased her farting:

Me and Baby Sunshine are hanging out, I'm playing with her, trying to make her sleep or something like that. Mrs. Sunshine comes into the room, sniffs, makes a face and says "wow, her farts can be really stinky these day" followed by a few seconds of silence until I decide to come clean "Uh...yeah... that was actually me...". Last night this triggered such a laughing attack from her side that it woke up little Baby Sunshine who had finally fallen asleep and the whole bedtime routine had to be done all over again.

Maybe I should just blame the baby from now on? There is a risk that she would take her to the doctor though to examine her terrible bowel problems...

6 comments:

TheOctopus said...

Would this be related to the "divine wind" you mentioned in the post before last?

T said...

That picture is so fitting.

I am sure your wife appreciates the honesty!

Ἀντισθένης said...

Isn't that the reason to have children, and dogs?

lina said...

I do have to say, I totally concur with Mr S.

aimlesswanderer said...

Sometimes babies just have a slight, well, odour about them. Unless you spend quite a bit of time with the baby in question, it can be hard to figure out whether it was a fart, a poo, or just the normal odour... sometimes even the sniff test needs an expert nose to determine the actual situation.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Octopus - Well, believe me, it's anything but divine...

Ainsley - Yep, so it probably balances out with the smell in the end!

Mr. S and Lina - Well, dogs are the worst, I actually don't mind the baby farts that much, very mild so far

Aimless - Yeah, it's true, and the diapers we use smell a bit to begin with. Usually I can guess when she's sitting in my lap and it gets all warm suddenly and poo leaks up from her back, that's usually a good sign

Related Posts with Thumbnails