Sunday, October 16, 2011

Count the little blessings...

No Picard, it just looks douchy!
Sometimes I feel like I've been living so long here in Japan now that I've stopped appreciating the little everyday things. I'm of course talking about the people walking around with bluetooth headsets for their mobile phones permanently plugged into the ear that are very common in the old country and I also saw quite a few of when I recently visited the USA...

I was reminded of it the other day in the subway when I saw a westerner walking around with such a headset and how immensely douchebaggy you look with one of those. I can understand that such a device might be helpful if you're working in a call center, but wearing it in the subway (where reception will be fluctuating between bad and nothing) just make you look like a clown.

So, I guess I should enjoy the fact that I live in a country where it's considered douchy and odd to use one of those unless you're driving. Sometimes it's the little things that count!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Everytime I go back home to Hawaii I think people are nuts and talking to themselves or strangers are spontaniously talking to me about shit I have no idea about....it's kinda stressful :(

Mr. Salaryman said...

I know excactly what you mean! First reaction is almost always "crazie alert" but then you realize that it's just a regular douche... Stressful indeed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails