Monday, February 10, 2014

I'm back!

How can it be?!
I have given it long a thoughtful consideration and have decided to once again revive the blog! However there will be a slight shift in focus as I still cannot really write that much about work. Instead I will focus a little more on the perils of being the father of small children here in Japan, something of which there is plenty of craziness involved.

As little Ms. Sunshine and Salaryman Jnr. now have grown to considerable size (for a 4 and 2 year old anyway) and started develop, what I interpret as , personality, and in the broadest possible meaning of the word, interests, means that I am from time to time exposed to their interesting world.

Also, to our great surprise, the little critters have also started to actually sleep at relatively reasonable hours at an almost (!?) predictable time, this has also freed up a little time when I don't need to try to entertain/sedate a rowdy offspring and can instead write blog posts in poor grammar for your entertainment.

Hopefully some of my former readers will at least find something mildly interesting in this new direction and those who are not probably have moved on to bigger and better things anyway in this nasty harsh post-blogging climate. I thought about changing the name of the blog, but since I am still something of a salaryman (although it could be argued that I left that behind me) and "The Adventures of a Foreign Father in Japan" doesn't really sound that great...

5 comments:

Blue Shoe said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, good thing i kept the rss feed alive :)

thegypsie said...

Welcome back... I may find interest in your posts yet. As of mid summer 2013 I am step-mum to an unruly child and it's been INTERESTING. Look forward to reading what you have to share.

Anonymous said...

I am truly delighted you are back.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Thank you very much guys&girls! Been almost a year since I was posting anything regularly, so about time to scratch that itch again!

SusieTron - ...well, maybe you can get some "don'ts" out of this, but that's probably about it from parenting advice :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails