Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gesundheit!

Now, yours truly has for years suffered from allergy which manifests itself as hay fever with itchy eyes, runny nose and excessive sneezing. This is periodical and usually I get the worst symptoms early winter and spring. When it's at its worst it can be pretty intensive and I wouldn't be suprised if the daily amount of bodily fluids lost through the runny nose would be best measured in litres.

Now, most of the time it really isn't that much of a big deal, some mild sneezing and a little itchy eyes, but when it's bad, it's pretty bad. Basically I haven't spent much thought about this and just accepted my allergy as a periodical inconvenince that passes.

The thing is that I have never actually had a proper allergy test to find out what exactly I'm allergic too, I just assumed that it would be some form of pollen allergy since I always get the worst symptoms at the same time each year. After some persuasion from Ms. Sunshine in which our conversations would look something like this:

Ms. Sunshine: Your allergy is pretty bad today?
Mr. Salaryman: Yeah, it must be something blossoming now.
Ms. Sunshine: You really should test it you know, just for your own sake, maybe it's house dust and mite allergy?
Mr. Salaryman: I know, but I'm pretty sure that it must be some pollen so I don't think I can avoid it in any case.

But just recently I finally actually went to the hospital and had the blood tests done to check exactly what I'm allergice to. The results? Mite and house dust... No pollen allergy of any kind...

Well, I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere and I just hope I learned it...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, the lesson is, women are always right.

Chris said...

There's no lesson...
nothing to see here...
Just move along.

Chris said...

You have to clear your statcounter data. You have filled the 500 visit limit.

I viewed your private shit via some glitch...who is HEMMA??


You should fix that..FYI ;)

Chris said...

29,460 visitors!! Sugoi yo!!

Seriously..don't let others see your stats ...or do...whatevers?? ;)

Anonymous said...

The lesson is presumably that living indoors is not good for your health.

Mr. Salaryman said...

I'm so bad at actually commenting myself, I'm ashamed of myself!

Funny glitch there Chris, but hey, it's not like it's secret anyway.

I'm still considering if there was any lesson in there at all, probably not.

Related Posts with Thumbnails