One of the greater ideas that has come out of the new government and the transport minister Maehara has been to invest in expanding the Haneda operations to become a Japan hub airport. This would carry with it quite a few benefits and let me just list up the main ones below:
1. The airport is clean and nice looking
2. The airport is accessible from central Tokyo
3. The airport has a good selection of restaurants and shops
4. The airport does not have any stupid image character
5. The airport is better in every way compared to Narita
The only thing I fear is that if these efforts to develop the airport will take place, that one of the first areas where money will be spent will be in developing an extremely stupid image character and point number 4 will not be valid...