With that said, I thought I could return back to a side-track of my "Getting Married in Japan" series and a little trick from the honeymoon I could share with you.
How to get two bottles of champagne on your honeymoon:
- Book a tour through a Japanese travel agency to a place often frequented by Japanese tourists (e.g. Hawaii )
- Have one or more names that are vaguely Japanese but leaves some room for ambiguity
- Make sure that the hotel gives a complimentary bottle of champagne for honeymooners
- Get one bottle with a congratulatory message in Japanese – drink bottle
- Next day, get another bottle with a congratulatory message, in English this time – drink bottle
- When bottles has been drunk, be sure to tell every hotel staff you meet that could be working with the catering that you are a Japanese-English bilingual couple and enjoy the expression when you hit someone who gets a little white in the face and laughs nervously