Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Earthquakes, tsunami, nuclear meltdowns and now tornadoes?

I don't think I need to mention the horrible disasters that the huge earthquake carried with it, enough to say that the aftermath is i no way over with the Fukushima plant situation still being very serious and stronger aftershocks still rearing their ugly face from time to time still scaring the hell out of me when I'm in the office.

But things have been reasonably calm lately, only one or two stronger ones during the weekend and calm so far today and yesterday in the Tokyo area. As I was taking the train to work today I realized that the train was quite delayed (or rather, the train I usually take was quite delayed, I happened to enter another delayed train that came in just the same time as my regular train, quite confusing). It was quite rainy in the morning, but nothing more than some shitty weather I thought, but as I rode the train they announced in the speakers "due to a warning for tornadoes we will be running the train at reduced speed".

Seriously, first earthquakes, tsunami, nuclear meltdowns and now tornadoes?! What's next? A plague of cockroaches? I don't even want to think of what the typhoon season will be like this year...

6 comments:

Sarahf said...

Tornadoes?! Seriously?!

Hanta said...

The volcanoes were kicking off a little bit as well...

Chris said...

The meteorogical conditions shouldnt exist on an island....if true that would be a fucking mazing!!

This place is like Land of the Lost for christ sakes

Eido Inoue said...

Tornadoes have been a big problem in the South and the lower east coast of the U.S. right now too.

Virginia and North Carolina experienced them, which is unusual considering their geography (tornadoes in the U.S. tend to prefer the open plains states like Kansas).

Trying to tie this back to Japan, Virginia had to shut down two nuclear reactors because of the tornadoes.

OzBurger said...

Is there any theme you can't tie to vintage comic book covers?

But seriously, tornadoes are the last thing we need right now.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Tornadoes - Yeah, apparently we have the occasionally here in Chiba, I think they're really weak though...

Hanta - Oh yeah, let's not forget the volcanoes! Plenty of them too!

Chris - Haha, "Land of the Lost" with vending machines! Pretty accurate I would say!

Eido - Yeah, but those are real big baddass tornadoes, the ones in Chiba are their little kids in size, right?

Contamination - I think that Japan has taken it's share of punishment from mother nature in 2011!

Related Posts with Thumbnails