Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's great and I hate it!

Just recently I decided to renew my lair a little bit and as a good Swede I headed over to Ikea to buy great new furniture at a reasonable price. The actual buying process is pretty easy and relatively fun and it's affordable on a salaryman salary as well without tearing a large hole in my finances...

The problems start the moment the furniture arrives in those horrible flat boxes that you happily unpack only to discover a myriad of small parts and wordless manuals with that annoying guy that mocks you as you struggle to make sense of how to assemble the stuff. Thankfully I had help, not only from the always lovely Ms. Sunshine, but also from a friend that in some perverse fashion actually enjoys the assembly. She insists that she really enjoys the whole thing and the stuff that she put together is scaringly stable and secure. Me on the other hand have a tendency of getting annoyed by the whole process, skipping steps and often ending up with a number of parts when I think I should've been done and done it correct. The desk I currently have my computer on looks ok on a first glance but one of the drawers is placed upside down and a large cabinet is pretty unhinged, just like me after a couple of hours of assembly.

The picture captures it pretty well, but I never did call Ikea. I both bless and curse the day that Ikea decided to establish themselves here in Japan just a few years ago...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha this is too hilarious. just bought some ikea furniture myself a couple weeks ago and it was maddening figuring out where the screws go. i'm there with you on that, but damn ikea is awesome. especially the lingonberry juice! :)
btw, great logo!

Anonymous said...

so why did you go to that store in first place! Pucko!

Related Posts with Thumbnails