Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Welcome back to Tokyo" - The wrath of the Gods

Just to remind me how miserable it is to be back to the islands of Japan at this time of year and how much nicer it was in Hawaii with the sunshine and nice ocean breeze, the weather Gods of Japan decided to throw a double-combo of typhoon and earthquakes. The typhoon means extremely humid sticky weather, plenty of rain even though we here in Tokyo seem to be spared the worst of it. Then a pretty large earthquake hit Japan at 5am this morning, the shaking in Tokyo wasn't too bad though and I usually enjoy the gentle rocking if I'm half asleep in the bed, but there seem to be some damages at the epicenter of the quake in the Shizuoka prefecture.

And if this wouldn't be enough, I was also confronted with the even more terrifying issue of having over 250 emails in my work mail to go through as I returned to my salaryman desk at work. I think I need another vacation to set things straight since this is painful...

At least Japan is now in the middle of the obon vacation season meaning that things are generally slowing down to a crawl.

2 comments:

ThePenguin said...

Well the typhoon didn't turn up, at least.

Regarding the email, just turn your spamfilters up a couple of settings and re-run them; usually quite effective ;)

Mr. Salaryman said...

Hmmm... that spam filter sounded like a good idea since I actually consider most work related mails spam...

Related Posts with Thumbnails