Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I almost feel a bit bad... Almost...

As I was setting up a smaller party I e-mailed and talked to some friends and invited them, including the Boy. Most of the times it goes something like this:

Salaryman: (cheery) Hey, you need to come to the party I'm setting up, a bunch of people you know will be coming so it'll be fun!
The Boy: (suspicious) But you always have me do stupid shit for you every time you have a party, translating, picking people up and shit like that...
Salaryman: (slightly hurt) What?! C'mon, we're friends and help each other out sometimes, right? But this time you don't have to do anything, I promise!
The Boy: (still suspicious but softening up) You sure? I don't need to translate, buy shit or do anything? I can just come and enjoy the party like everyone else?
Salaryman: (cheery again) Sure, I promise, it'll be fun!
The Boy: Ok, fine, I'll come

Then the morning of the party I give him a call

Salaryman: (cheery) Hey there Boy, you excited about the party today?
The Boy: (again suspicious) I'll come, why are you calling me now?
Salaryman: (overly cheery) Well, I just need you to help out with a few small things...
The Boy: (suddenly very very tired) C'mon, you said I didn't have to do anything this time...
Salaryman: (overly friendly) Well, things have changed, c'mon, help me out here, I need your help, don't be like that!
The Boy: (exhausted) F**k, fine, what is it? But this better be the last time...
Salaryman: (cheery) Of course!

I almost feel a bit bad sometimes, but just barely...

2 comments:

Martin said...

I wouldn´t worry too much. There are two types of people, leaders and followers. You seem to have found a prefect match.

(Oh yes. There is a third category - the observer. But they are quite rare.)

Mr. Salaryman said...

Then there's also Alan, Ken's "buddy"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails