Sunday, June 19, 2011

Eddie Murphy black? - The foreign boyfriend pt. 1

I think this product is off the market now
Recently Mrs. Sunshine had a bunch of her girlfriends over and as one of them had brought along her husband and little kid, I had difficulties hiding and was drafted in to the festivities. Her friends are nice enough so it was reasonably pleasant and gave a valid reason for me to drink beer from quite early in the day.

Two of her friends are still single and after a few hours some exciting squealing about "girl's talk! girl's talk!" erupted and the questioning turned to how the single girls were doing on the boy's front. The first single girl quickly dodged it with a "well, you should ask Chieko, she's meeting an interesting man...". Chieko blushed as all the girl's eyes turned to her and questions as to what's going on hailed down on her. "Yes, I've met someone, but there's a catch and my parent's might not approve...". Again a hailstorm of questions from the girls "Is it a foreigner?", "is he black?", "is he unemployed or really low income?", "is he a lot younger?" etc.

When the questions finally calmed down she looked a bit anxious as she answered "yes, most of the things...". It turned out that her new boyfriend is an illegal alien from a very poor African country, works with garbage sorting (being an illegal alien sort of limits the career opportunities), is 12 years her junior (she's closing in on the big 40) and of course black... 

For once, the whole group of girls fell silent for a few seconds while this sank in and the atmosphere became a little awkward as it became apparent that Chieko had expected a little more enthusiasm to the news that she now had a boyfriend.

But after a few seconds they started to recover and it seemed like the consensus was to sort out the "easy" stuff first and the comments started with "well, of course it's perfectly ok that your boyfriend is black" and moved forward to "but how black is he exactly? Like really black black, Obama black or Eddie Murphy black?" and "is the penis really huge?".

As it was girl's talk and I don't know the girls that well I kept a pretty low profile during this inquisition but I found the frame of reference in regards to blackness to be quite amusing. As it turned out, he was said to be more "Eddie Murphy black" and be moderately well equipped.

(The whole thing was quite interesting and as my time is a bit limited now, I'll follow up the second half of this interesting discussion in a separate post

9 comments:

Chris said...

The Football team showered together and I noted that the brothers were about as well endowed as me. Large. I did note that ALL of the pin dicks were white though...

I'm glad I'm not Japanese...reason #212 being that everyone auto-assumes you have a small dick. That would suck.

Is Eddie not so black?? I gotta check..I thought he was 100% brother.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Yeah, I do feel for the black guys with less than average sized appendages... Lot of physical expectations to live up to and caan't be fun to dissapoint...

The girls weretalking only about pigmentation and not on heritage (I have no idea about Eddie's heritage though) I think

F. said...

effin brilliant! I bet the poor little Chieko is now being gossiped all the way to hell by her girl"friends".

But, she got the huge dick to make up for that. WIN

Rurousha said...

The pigmentation/heritage thing gets particularly tricky if you hail from Africa but happen to be white. It causes cognitive dissonance in Japan.

Corinne said...

haha that's awesome! I do remember when president Obama was elected and I asked students what they thought of him and I got more than one response similar to: "He's not so bad, he's not BLACK black..."

I'm surprised they didn't try and make her feel better by saying something like "At least if you have kids they won't be totally black!"

Mr.S. said...

Nothing about the blackness of the dude, but why are there girl so niave in this country to think they can make a succesful life with someone without decent financial prospects? I am no great catch myself, but I do have a mid-range income that is recession proof: international school teacher. But there are too many women in this country who think they are living 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', forgetting he and she both were prostitutes.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Biggie - Well, wait until I can muster up part II ;) But apparently he was just moderately sized so not a huge win there either

Rurouosha - Yes, I can totally see how being an african born white can really short circuit the brain of a Japanese person...

Corinne - Haha, yeah, but to the girls credit, I should add that I don't think that they were racist really, on this point it was mostly curiousity and for them to try and fit that guy in their frame of reference

Mr. S - Yep, that the guy was black wasn't an issue with the girls (the other stuff was the problem, I'll dwelve into that for part II)

Gaijin Wife said...

LOL. Poor Chieko. I foresee the illegal alien issue to be a problem in her future. I've had the 'black black' conversation with lots of Japanese people before. I'm pretty sure a black black gaijin down in these parts would carry more shock value than a white with three heads and a tail.

Fernando said...

I don´t know what to find more amuzing, if the picture you post (hilarious in the today context) or the questions the girls where asking and ending up being allp in one and all of them right...wow

Related Posts with Thumbnails