Friday, June 27, 2008

The Caretaker

The caretaker of my apartment building likes me. In principle, I like him too. However, he shows an interest in my private life, and especially in my love life, that is borderline creepy considering that he probably has the master key to my apartment. Also, he has a tendency to forget or pretend to forget things that I have told him earlier.

His current project seems to be in finding me a Japanese girlfriend and he keeps ignoring the fact that I tell him that I have a girlfriend and therefore really not interested. Earlier today he kept promoting a girl in the building to me, carefully laying out feature and benefits (goes to a prestigious university, father a lawyer etc. etc.). With some effort I managed to dodge this one.

In fact, he reminds me a bit of a Japanese version of the Jack Nicholson character in the movie "The Shining". Not so much because of the way he looks, but the overall creepiness combined with a certain likeability... But it's always good to be on a friendly foot with the caretaker!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails