Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Introducing: Dr. Genki

My local supermarket where I go to buy my salaryman groceries has an extremely annoying jingle playing almost everytime I go there. The jingle is a commercial for a line of healthcare products that goes under the name "Dr. Genki" ("Genki" is Japanese for feeling healthy).

The jingle takes the price of annoying jingles, it's an extremely repetitive melody with a femal voice singing "Dr. Genki" over and over again with slighly different tone of voice and intonation. The annoyingness of this by far outclasses other annoying jingles such as the "Bicamera" jingle...

In terms of brand recognition, I just need to hear the first half second to get the name "Dr. Genki" in my head, but I really don't feel like buying the product, more like smashing the sound system...

3 comments:

Ahoy hoy said...

If an advert annoys me enough then I tell myself that I will never buy it.

Mr. Salaryman said...

I agree with your general approach, but not only should you never buy it, you should tell your friends, family and also spread the message anyway possible.

Annoying jingles is clearly a case of sound pollution!

Foggia said...

Strong contenders : the Summit supermarket song, Don Quixote's jingle...

Other little voices I hate: speaking elevators and trucks (when they turn, but have to wait for a green light for instance)

Related Posts with Thumbnails