Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Everyday is Halloween"

Finally, soon now the Halloween season will be over and all the stuff that comes with it will be gone. Celebrating Halloween is of course an imported event here in Japan and it's grown more and more popular over the latest years. If I think back, just ten years ago when I arrived fresh of the banana boat, it was not really a big deal at all but has really caught on in recent years.

In particular, I find the passive aggressiveness of all the pumpkins quite annoying with all the "pumpkin ice cream", "pumpkin gratin" and anything else that people seem to think it's a good idea to pumpkin up now with the Halloween season. As pumpkin in general does not really rank very high among my favorite foods, I mostly avoid it, but avoiding exposure completely is next to impossible. I assume that it's powerful pumpkin lobby groups who have pushed for this.

I also have the song "Everyday is Halloween" by Ministry constantly playing in my head these days, but hopefully it should soon be over and be replaced by Fried Chicken, cakes and all the other traditional Japanese Christmas stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried pumpkin pocky? It's terrible. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails