Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sausage on a bone stick

Sometimes it's just the little things that annoy me, as long time readers of this blog might be well. This particular time, my annoyment got turned on something I'm unsure of whether it's a Japanese thing or present in other countries as well (never heard of it in the old world).

What I find extremely annoying is "sausages with bone", which basically is a sausage on a stick for more convenient eating, but instead of using a regular stick, animal bone is used. I'm unsure, but I think the purpose is to give it the same feel as that of a chicken leg or other meat dish where the bone is part of the overall "package". Considering that a sausage is minced meat with all kinds of different animal parts (ok, fully depends on the sausage brand and quality of the product) thrown into the mix, the bone just doesn't make sense. It's not like there's animals walking around out there with already minced meat attached to their bones.

When I come into power, I promise you that I will do my utmost to put and end to this abuse of bone/sausage combinations and heavily regulate the market. Thank you for your support.

4 comments:

aimlesswanderer said...

I'd have to agree with you that it's supposed to make it seem more "authentic". But it seems a bit strange, unless it is trying to encourage you to eat with your hands. Is that considered "uncivilised"?

And sausage isn't a big part of the diet over there, is it? What happens to all the left over random bits of meat, if not sausage rolls, meat pies, and sausages?

Hanta said...

I hate these things. I actually want to vomit after I've eaten one. Urgh the thought of it...

Fernando said...

You have my vote when you run for president of the world :D

Rydangel said...

OMG! where do the bones come from? seriously! o-0

Related Posts with Thumbnails