Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let's take a look at the statistics...

Ok, I have to admit that the coporate insanity, shifting weather and cranky baby Sunshine has diverted my energy in other directions than the blog these last weeks. So while waiting for the energy and inspiration to return, I can give you all a quick look behind the scenes of this great blog.

I started up the writing in early 2007 and have kept it up since then and aim to continue as long as I enjoy it. Here you can see how the statistics developed, but it's not really completely accurate since, for some reason, hits throughout most of 2008 were double-counted, so the year the number of visitors really started to grow was in 2009.

Well, not particularly exciting post perhaps, but could be a bit interesting for those of you who have, or are thinking of starting up your own blog.


5 comments:

Martin said...

I like pie charts better.

jlpt2kyu said...

Is that the total page loads for each year, or the average per month in that year?

Ahoy hoy said...

I use statcounter too.

What sort of keyword searches have landed on your blog then? I had a look this morning and two seperate searches for "Japanese piss"

Mr. Salaryman said...

During my consulting days, pie charts were strongly looked down upon; I think they were considered too easy to understand

jlpt - No, no, no, that's for full years, I don't have that many visitors, just around 100-150 a day depending on whether I posted or not

Ahoy hoy - I think I have a couple of posts on some of the highlights that have led people here. There's usually a lot of "Japanese boobs", "gay sumo" and of course the classic "Tokyo gay toilets"

Blue Shoe said...

Interesting, interesting...

I'm a little over a year in and my first year stats look to be between your first and second years. Here's hoping I can see growth like your blog's.

Thanks for the info - always like to see some benchmarks to get an idea how I'm doing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails