Thursday, February 4, 2010

Makes you think about stuff, huh?

Ok, let me show you a bit of a glimpse behind the scenes of this blog. Like most people who use a blog I have a statistical analysis tool that helps me see how many visitors, where they come from etc. One of my favorite features is how it shows me which route people have slipped into my blog. Sometimes it shows me how some new nice person has started to link me, and it also shows the keywords that has led people to the blog through an Internet search... In case you're curious, I use statcounter, there might be much better and more sophisticated out there, but this is the one I'm used to.

Here you can see the actual search results of the last few days that led people to the blog (click to see it larger), as you can see it's pretty spread out, but I have a new favorite, the one in the bottom that I have highlighted in red...
"Cross dressing alley whores"
Kinda makes me think, what kind of clientel does this blog really attract? Am I doing something seriously wrong or am I doing it just right?

3 comments:

aimlesswanderer said...

Well, there are some, err, odd searches that brought people here. Whether that is a good thing is up to you to decide.

Some of the recent entries and pics have been a little disturbing, though "interesting" could also be applied.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Yeah... I also just recently realized the turn my posts had started to take just... But hey, I stand by them!

Taarne said...

You know, when I was in Tokyo 1½ years ago, I stayed in a hotel in Shinjuku, quite near Kabukichō, so I ventured out a couple of times to check it out. Wasn't really pleasant, but the most, er, curious thing that I noted was that there were a lot of weird looking people, mostly in kimonos hanging around a few places. And all of them were holding brooms. Like ~1m tall, smallish, in all sorts of colours. First time around, I walked on and didn't think about them any more. But when I saw them the next time, I paid a little more attention and..uh, noticed they were guys. A lot of them old guys. With wigs on. This quite possibly gave me the biggest creeps in Japan. (honorary mentions include:

In the middle of Harajuku o.O
I bet the dogs are fucking extatic.
The thing about this is that it was in the little kiddy -area of a store.
Extra credit for flipping out :')
There's just so many different levels to this message.)

Anyways, my theory is that some person was very interested in their..brooming services, and thought Google would be the best way to proceed. Naturally, Google referred this person to you :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails