Thursday, December 30, 2010

...oh, so you just came here?

Ok, to my surprise and slight embarrasment, I got a message that I was selected one of the top 10 blogs of Tokyo by CNNgo.com (see here) and find myself in good company with Green Eyed-Geisha and other much wittier and more sophisticated blogs than mine (although I do think that Corinne's blog should have been in there though, certainly worth it).

However, I also find myself a bit surprised and unprepared when I noticed the surge in visitors that came from this. A bit like hosting a party and noticing that all the guests were coming while I'm still in the shower... Particularly since I feel that my recent posts might not be that appeaking to a casual visitor dropping in for the first time.

So, if you're a first time visitor and inclined to give the blog a few seconds of your time, I would probably recommend you to manouver through the labels below the "The Old Stuff" to find the stuff that might interest you. If you just have a general interest in Japan and the stuff that's going on here, then you probably should check out "Japanese Oddities", if you're interested in business and want to know what's what in Japan you probably find more interesting stuff in the "Work related Stuff". "General Stuff" is probably something to dive into in case you for some reason find my writing amusing/interesting but might not be best to start with. The other labels deal with smaller more focused topics and might be worth a click if you find any of the topics interesting.

Anyway, hope you find something you like here and feel free to browse around and drop a comment if the mood strikes you!

3 comments:

Martin said...

Oh. I´m supposed to read the blog? Mostly I just look at the pretty pictures.
Relevant post by the way, check out "work related stuff". My favourite.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Martin - I think the pictures are good enough! Today I got a hit on the blog from some guy in Pitea who had done an image search on "fitta" from his android phone - that's the audience that I really want!

Foggia said...

Corinne's blog probably did not make the cut of best Tokyo blog because she's not blogging from or about Tokyo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails